Restaurant General Manager
Location: Clemson, SC
A Wings Over General Manager is a great leader; an effective communicator a confident problem solver, and an enthusiastic mentor. Our GMs are experts in front-of-house and back-of-house operations, nimble office workers, masters of their P&L, and a true representative of the Wings Over brand.
Day in the Life
- Let’s get our hands dirty. Work side by side with the team frying chicken, greeting guests, and modeling standards and behaviors.
- Recruiting and hiring equally hard working team members with the dedication and humility to grow with us.
- Using an open-minded approach, and an employees-first philosophy to implement change, share and reward wins, and enforce standards.
- Participating in the community by identifying partnerships, joining community events, and by engaging our neighbors.
- Using scheduling, coaching, and hands-on management to achieve operational excellence.
- Delivering sales and financial goals by focusing on the inputs.
- Ensuring food safety by leading disciplined execution in FOH and BOH.
- Serving a consistent product and service by providing proper training during onboarding and giving regular feedback frequently- applying constant, gentle pressure.
- Resolving conflicts promptly in a thoughtful, empathetic, and fair manner.
- Contributing ideas, thoughts and solutions that result in the retention of greater people, the delivery of better food, and a higher quality guest experience.
- Seek continuous growth, by making the best use of your 1-on-1 time and soliciting feedback from your team.
- Passionate about food, service, and restaurants
- Inspired to drive the growth of your team members
- Someone who eats problems for breakfast, i.e. operates with urgency
- A duck-- able to remain calm in moments of pressure
- Able to anticipate problems before they happen, and initiate solutions before they are needed.
- Motivated with compassion to understand the needs of different team members and guests.
- Flexible and open minded- able to propose changes and implement new programs introduced by others or created in house.
- Humble- excited to receive feedback and able to use that feedback to develop and grow continuously.
- Naturally curious about the communities we serve.
Wings Over Package
- Competitive pay and bonus structure - financial performance, service quality metrics, and good scores on internal and external inspections are rewarded.
- A positive work environment, with a team focused on your growth and development within the store and in the growing company at large
- Company Events & Team Building Workshops
- Free shift meals and off-duty discounts for you and your family
Nuts and Bolts | Must-Haves
- 4 years management experience
- 6 years food service experience (line level or management)
- At least 2 of those years in fast-casual/QSR
- Flexible schedule- available nights, holidays, and weekends
- Serv-Safe Certified
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Can stand for long periods of time
- Legal US work authorization
Training and Development
- We provide a thorough 10-week training and development program at our corporate locations in Ithaca, NY and State College, PA. Upon completion of the training program you will be an expert capable operating a Wings Over corporate store.
- Weekly 1-on-1s with a member of our operations team where you will review performance of the store, your team, and yourself.