Junior Construction Project Manager
Location: New York, NY
Wings Over believes in Great People, Amazing Food, and Creating Smileable Experiences.
The Construction Project Manager is a key member of the Development team at WIngs Over, taking a lead role in driving and delivering on our nationwide expansion. The position will be primarily responsible for the planning, project management, and execution of various new store developments and renovation projects.
Founded in 1999, Wings Over set out to serve the best chicken wings! Since then, Wings Over has grown to over 40 locations across 13 states.
In 2017, Wings Over was acquired by four friends who set out to revitalize and re-imagine what Wings Over could be. Dan, Kevin, Mike, and Raunak, worked with their Wings Over Ithaca team to develop the future of Wings Over, “Wings Over 2.0”.
Wings Over has always served great food, but in addition, Wings Over now also believes in fostering an environment for their amazing crew to succeed, creating a focused menu with higher quality offerings, and developing new spaces and resources to allow for one-of-a-kind experiences.
- Manage all aspects of construction projects from pre-construction to project close-out: manage the construction phase of the development process, manage project schedules, maintain, adjust and update project plans as needed
- Manage development and construction timelines across all parties
- Help develop and manage budgets consistent with timeline requirements for New Store Development and Renovation Projects
- Provide, review and coordinate construction documents with architect, KEC, MEPs and landlord
- Manage the permitting and approval phase of the development process and ensure all proper approvals have been received prior to initiating possession or construction phase
- Monitor and direct general contractor and vendor installation during construction
- Coordinate and adjust for owner provided items during new store opening
- Oversee ordering and tracking of materials and equipment
- Create documentation to scale our efforts
- Advise on new technology, software and solutions for the business, both restaurant and corporate level
- Create and develop programs to enhance the Wings Over experience
- Build and incorporate systems for corporate and franchise locations
- Jump in where needed. We are a startup after all
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor’s degree; Construction Management or equivalent a plus
5+ years of general construction experience
Superior computer and technology skills
Exceptional time-management skills; detail-oriented mindset
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; able to recognize when to pivot
Compensation & Benefits
- Base Salary - $70,000- $90,000 + bonus
- Benefits - 50% Medical
- PTO - Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it (all PTO requests are pending approval)
- A positive work environment with a team focused on your growth and development
- Exceptional company culture and a cool group of intelligent, motivated, and diverse teammates
- Unlimited snacks and coffee
- Weekly Team lunch from awesome restaurants
- Team events on a monthly basis
Training and Development
- We pride ourselves on focusing on not just building great product but also evolving the skills of the people on our team. From specific focus area topics to start up knowledge, other areas, and life. We view people who work on Wings Over’s mission as teammates who will someday become alumni. The time people spend with us is treated more like a tour of duty that’s mutually aligned rather than a lifelong commitment.