Restaurant Assistant General Manager
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
A Wings Over Assistant General Manager is a great leader; an effective communicator, a confident problem solver, and an enthusiastic mentor. Our Co-Captains are experts in front-of-house and back-of-house operations, masters of their P&L, and a true representative of the Wings Over brand every day.
Day in the Life
- Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by directly motivating and instructing the store team to implement them to meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture, values and mission of Wings Over.
- Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to store Crew to ensure smooth flow of operations
- Assists Captain in monitoring and managing store staffing levels to ensure development and talent acquisition to achieve and maintain store operational requirements.
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
- Assists Captain with conducting performance reviews, providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve performance. Manages ongoing performance using performance management tools to support organizational objectives.
- Remains calm and collected, and works to keep the store operating to the Wings Over standard through timely delegation
- Communicates information and ideas to the Captain to promote store growth and a positive work environment
- Helps deliver our promise of Amazing Food by keeping all workstations clean and organized and coaches team to do the same
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Ensures team members adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- A Team Player - you embody the Wings Over mission of Good People
- Passionate - you love food, restaurants and people
- Enthusiastic - you love to help others learn and grow
- Humble - you constantly look for areas in which to improve and understand the value of others
- Respectful - you value diversity and the input of others and you garner respect through your actions
- Open To Change - you embrace change can navigate through ambiguous periods
- Motivated - you come to work with a can do attitude and drive others to do the same.
- Composed - you create organization out of chaos and can lead others to see the way forward
- Proactive - you see it, think it, then solve it and you know when to ask for help
- Inspiring - your vision is undeniable, you connect with others and you challenge others when they do not live the Wings Over Values
Wings Over Package
- An energetic and positive work environment,
- Supportive team focused on your personal and professional growth.
- Competitive pay and bonus structure - sales performance and service quality metrics.
- Shift meal stipend and off-duty discounts for you and your family.
- Eligible for (2) weeks of paid vacation after (6) months of service
Nuts and Bolts | Must-Haves
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage store operations independently
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills; peers
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Flexible Schedule - Available nights, holidays and weekends
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Legal US work authorization
- A safe vehicle, a valid driver’s license and updated insurance (Drivers + Leadership only)
- Valid Food Service Manager Certificate (in accordance with local ordinances)
- At least (2) years of store level management experiences.
- (2) years of hospitality experience
Training and Development
- We provide a thorough 4-week training and development program. Upon completion of the training program you will be an expert capable operating a Wings Over corporate store.
- Weekly 1-on-1s with a member of our operations team where you will review performance of the store, your team, and yourself.