Location: New York, NY
- Strong remote and in-person communication skills. Ability to engage in a genuine way. Proactively connects to the team to drive behavior and results
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Love for learning, teaching, coaching, and developing
- Sophisticated understanding of restaurant cost and controls
- A creative and active approach to driving sales
- A disciplined approach to enforcing accountability in stores
- A disciplined approach to priority setting with the ability to identify the root cause of store operations and people opportunities, and move quickly to improve performance
- A desire to travel frequently, as much as 50% of working days on the road
- High-energy, self-motivated, action orientation, positive and humble attitude, guest-focused, flexible, hard-working, high level of integrity
- Identify long-term goals for stores and drive execution of plans
- Use weekly store syncs to set short term goals, and drive the success of long-term goals
- Develop store leadership at all levels of store operations through store visits, one-on-ones, and development plans. Have a clear understanding of how to move capability and performance and a sense of urgency to do so
- Build a pipeline of leadership talent to fuel growth
- Developing and coaching an understanding of the Wings Over profile and driving recruitment of high-potential internal and external talent
- Go onsite to train and validate as needed
- Lead GM development both personally and professionally through goal setting, coaching and feedback, and an innate understanding of what makes people tick, always connecting development to improved performance.
- Hit the road to fill in leadership gaps as needed
- Become an expert in operations, and be available to answer all questions. Training, coaching, and inspiring all locations to deliver exceptional guest experiences and high-quality food ensuring a commitment to Wings Over’s standards.
- Take lead on the in-store rollout of new initiatives, procedures, and promotions
- Support New Store Opening team in recruiting, hiring, training staff and launching new locations while balancing the needs of existing stores
- Test, give feedback and participate in Operations projects as needed
- Serve as liaison between store leadership and corporate headquarters
- Deliver a balanced P&L across locations, primary focus on top-line sales, productivity, and production management.
- Driving top-line sales performance by fostering customer connections through community marketing, operational excellence, and new product launches.
- Driving continuous performance improvement focusing on leading indicators and established key metrics. Candidate will be balanced in their approach focusing on people, financial, and guest experience metrics equally.
- 25-50% Travel as needed to accomplish all tasks
- Operationally sound stores with good financials and thriving Wings Over culture
- Positive impact on corporate and in-store teams
- A growing pipeline of leadership talent
- Personable development and continuous improvement
- 5+ years of restaurant experience
- 2+ years in QSR
- 3+ years leading multi-unit stores and managing GMs or leading a high-volume single unit with 50+employees
- Experience managing remotely and traveling for work
- History of developing talent
- Demonstrated management of applicable restaurant regulatory areas, including employee safety; ServSafe; wage + hour; immigration; food safety.
- A fun, collaborative, and challenging work environment.
- A supportive team focused on growth and development.
- Consideration for work-life balance and passions outside of work.
- We work hard and play hard.
- We will push you to achieve more than you thought possible while helping to accomplish goals while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Casual office culture, team outings, and weekly team lunch.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Health Contribution
- Flexible vacation policy
What we’re About
Serving Amazing Food with service that surprises and delights. We treat our teams, guests, food, and standards with the utmost attention and care, but never forget that our goal is simply to create smiles. Our stores are fun places to work, eat, and socialize. The food is not fussy, pretentious, or high-minded, it's just simple, delicious, and consistent.
Founded in 1999, Wings Over set out to serve the best chicken wings in the northeast area. Since then, Wings Over has grown to over 40 locations across 13 states as far south as Georgia and as far west as Indiana.
In 2017, Wings Over was acquired by four friends who set out to revitalize and re-imagine what Wings Over could be. Dan, Kevin, Mike, and Raunak worked with their Wings Over Ithaca team to develop the future of Wings Over. Since then, rapid progress has been made to modernize the in-store and online presence, improve the operational standards, focus on growing talent, and small changes to improve the menu’s appeal.
We believe in Great People, Amazing Food, and Creating Smileable Experiences.
Great People – Our Crew is our greatest asset. We believe that anyone can shine when given the right opportunity. Our goal is to develop, train, and create environments for every Crew Member to shine and reach their maximum potential. When our Crew Members succeed, we all succeed.
Amazing Food – We serve food that makes mouths water. We take pride in our handmade processes. We use fresh, never-frozen chicken, the freshest ingredients, and guarantee to serve a delicious meal every single time.
Smileable Experiences – With the help of our Great People, Amazing Food, and welcoming environments, we aim to create experiences that allow our guests to be happier than before they came. We also strive to create positive experiences for our team. We measure our success by the number of smiles we put on the faces of our guests.